The Heiko Ryu Karate Club practices what we call 'Ancestral Goju Ryu'. We want to work towards we think of as “Best Practice Karate”. This involves
1. A direct link to some of the foremost karate masters of the past and present.
2. An aspiration to become better human beings through training.
3. The cultivation of classical and more recent practices with outstanding defensive capabilities.
Head instructor Paul Tomassini lives and works in Melbourne as a full-time teacher in KarateDo, TaiChiChuan, and Womens Self Defence. Paul is the Chief Instructor of Heiko Ryu KarateDo. Paul has travelled to the Japanese mainland, Okinawa and China for training on a number of occasions, and continues to do so.
His martial arts CV includes:
• 7th Dan in GojuKensha 1995
• 7th Dan from KU founder Patrick McCarthy Hanshi 2011
• 7TH Dan in Okinawa GojuRyu KenKyuKai from Taira Masaji Hanshi